There’s much to be said about cooking with love. I have never baked in my life before. Did this with my little tiny beautiful handsome son and somehow everything seemed to be better. Love rules.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/10 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Beat butter until soft, about a minute.
2. Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beat for 30 seconds between each.
4. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add to mixer bowl. Add the milk and vanilla. Mix to combine.
5. Scoop into cupcake papers about half to two-thirds full (depending on whether you want flat or domed cupcakes).
6. Throw in a tiny raspberry or blackberry or blueberry or any fruit piece you want in there.
7. Bake for 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees until a cake tester comes out clean.